Ant Executing Java Code Job Support
Ant was created by James Duncan Davidson, the original author of Tomcat. · It was originally used to build Tomcat, and was bundled as a part of Tomcat distribution. · Ant was born out of the problems and complexities associated with the Apache Make tool. ·
Ant was promoted as an independent project in Apache in the year 2000. The latest version of Apache Ant as on May 2014 is 1.9.4. · NAnt is a .NET build tool that is similar to Ant, but is used to build .NET apps.Ant is the most complete Java build and deployment tool available. · Ant is platform neutral and can handle platform-specific properties such as file separators.
- Introduction Apache ANT
- Ant can be used to perform platform-specific tasks such as modifying the modified time of a file using ‘touch’ command.
- Ant scripts are written using plain XML. If you are already familiar with XML, you can learn ANTpretty quickly.
- Ant is good at automating complicated repetitive tasks.
- Ant comes with a big list of predefined tasks.
- Ant provides an interface to develop custom tasks.
Ant can be easily invoked from the command line and it can integrate with free and commercial IDEs..